Hellblade Discounted to Celebrate Award Wins
We’re honoured to announce that Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice won three awards at The Game Awards last night: Games for Impact, Best Audio, and Best Performance.
To celebrate, Hellblade is now discounted across the Steam and PlayStation stores! Save 25% on Steam and PlayStation Store US until December 9th, and 30% on PlayStation Store EMEA & ANZ until December 11th.
Get Hellblade here:
PlayStation EU / US l Steam
A special thank you to everyone who voted for us in The Game Awards, we couldn’t have done it without you.
Hellblade Final Dev Diary – The Launch
It is 3 months since the launch of Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice and today we are happy to be sharing the final development diary in our 30 video series. In the diary we discuss how the Independent AAA model has turned from experiment into proven model, detailing key numbers from Hellblade’s launch:
- Over 75k pre-orders across PC and PS4 before launch.
- 250K units sold in the first week at $29.99.
- Over $13m in revenue generated in 3 months.
- 500k units sold in 3 months, which puts the project beyond breakeven and into profit. Our prediction was to be at this point in 6 months from release.
- Development took 3 years and with an average team size of 20.
- Game sold as digital-only.
Some words from Tameem Antoniades, Co-founder and Chief Creative Ninja, on the success of Hellblade:
“The escalating stakes in the AAA retail publishing model has killed off countless independent studios like us, many smaller publishers, and is now straining even the largest of publishers. This isn’t survival of the fittest but a routing of the creative base upon which this industry was built.
The future isn’t written and we don’t believe that the writing is on the wall. AAA will always exist but we need strong alternatives as well.
Three years ago we announced our intention to find a way to do our best work outside of the AAA retail model and have openly documented the journey in our thirty development diaries.
The final step is to share our commercial model and digital sales data for the benefit of other developers. The more data we have for alternative business models, the more developers can take informed commercial and creative risks. For the benefit of our beloved medium, we’d like to encourage other developers to share their own data as well wherever possible.
Thank you to everyone who has supported us and made Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice a commercial and creative success.”
Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice is available now for $29.99/€29.99/£24.99:
PlayStation EU / US l Steam l GOG
Thank you for your incredible support throughout this journey with us!
Vote for Hellblade in The Game Awards
We are very proud to share with you that Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice has received 5 nominations in The Game Awards!
You can vote for Hellblade in the following categories:
Best Audio Design
Games for Impact
Best Independent Game
Best Performance for Senua actress Melina Juergens
To submit your votes, follow this link: http://thegameawards.com/awards/
The winners will be announced on the 7th of December. Thank you for your support!
Hellblade Wins TIGA Award for Best Action Adventure Game
Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice has won the TIGA award for Best Action Adventure Game! Thank you so much to everyone who voted!
Full list available here
One Day Left to Vote for Hellblade
There is just one day left to vote for Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice in the Gamesradar Golden Joystick Awards!
We have been shortlisted for 4 categories: Best Audio, Breakthrough & Best Performance for our Senua actress Melina Juergens, and Studio of the Year.
Get your votes in by clicking here!
World Mental Health Day Hellblade Donation Totals Over £60,000
We are proud to announce that by donating all of the Ninja Theory proceeds from the sale of Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice on World Mental Health Day (October 10th) to charity, we have raised £60,798.80 (approx $80,000/€69,000) for mental health charity Rethink Mental Illness.
Speaking of the donation, Tameem Antoniades (Ninja Theory co-founder and Chief Creative Ninja) said ‘We’re proud of our fans for showing their kindness towards others who, like our hero Senua, need our help and support to continue the good fight. Our donation to Rethink Mental Illness will impact many people’s lives in a meaningful way and help shed light on their darkness. Our small gesture has made a big difference. Thank you.’
Rethink Mental Illness exists to support and campaign for those severely affected by mental illness. They help millions of people affected by mental illness by challenging attitudes and changing lives. Jemima Woolgar (Rethink Mental Illness Events & Community Fundraising Manager) said ‘Your generous donation will make a big difference to the work that we do here at Rethink Mental Illness. The donation is the equivalent of employing two of our full-time colleagues to answer calls to our advice and information line, helping people newly diagnosed with mental illness get more information and support – which is fantastic.’
For more information on Rethink Mental Illness visit Rethink.org
Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice is out now for PlayStation 4 and PC. The recently released ‘Accolades Trailer’, created with fan-made screenshots and quotes from some of the touching messages received by Ninja Theory from players, can be seen here:
Hellblade Accolades Trailer
Today we’re happy to be sharing the Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice Accolades Trailer – a very different kind of accolades trailer. Firstly, the trailer is created entirely from fan screenshots captured in the Hellblade photo mode. Secondly, instead of highlighting choice press quotes, the trailer highlights some of the many touching messages received by Ninja Theory since the launch of the game in August.
In addition, we are today announcing that all proceeds received by Ninja Theory from the sale of Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice on World Mental Health Day (October 10th) will be donated to mental health charity Rethink Mental Illness. This is true for sales on PlayStation 4 and PC. For clarity, we will be donating all proceeds Ninja Theory receives from retailers/platforms after sales tax and platform fees have been deducted.
Rethink Mental Illness exists to support and campaign for those severely affected by mental illness. They help millions of people affected by mental illness by challenging attitudes and changing lives. We are delighted to be supporting this important work with this donation.
Watch the Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice Accolades Trailer below:
Vote for Hellblade in the Golden Joystick Awards
We are very excited to announce that Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice has been shortlisted in the Golden Joystick Awards!
We have been shortlisted for the categories Best Audio, Breakthrough and Best Performance for our Senua actress Melina Juergens, and Studio of the Year!
You can vote for us now by clicking here: http://www.gamesradar.com/goldenjoystickawards/
Hellblade Patch 1.02 Released
Today we are releasing another bug fixing patch for Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice that resolves further issues reported since Patch 1.01. The patch includes fixes across subtitles, gameplay and audio. Mouse sensitivity options and Dualshock 4 support have also been added for PC.
Thank you for your continued support, and please continue send any bug reports to firstname.lastname@example.org
Patch 1.02 Release Notes
Summary: A bug fixing patch that addresses a range of issues reported since Patch 1.01. The patch includes fixes across subtitles, gameplay and audio. In addition to bug fixes, mouse sensitivity options and DualShock4 support have been added for PC.
Full list of changes:
- Various subtitle corrections across the game.
- Fixed a potential progression stopping issue where the player couldn’t progress beyond the 4th shard Challenge after focusing on it.
- Fixed an issue where quitting the game then reloading it during the Blindness shard challenge caused post FX to be lost.
- Fixed an issue where Senua was stuck in the animation of ladder climbing.
- Fixed multiple issues across the game where the player was able to bypass collision.
- Fixed a rare issue where Senua would not revert from her combat stance after defeating the enemies at the Gate to Helheim
- Fixed an issue where inverting Y-axis in the options menu would not be saved.
- Fixed a potential issue where activating photo mode as enemies are spawning would cause them to animate in slow-motion until struck.
- Fixed an issue where quitting the game during cut scenes would cause audio to be lost after reloading.
- Fixed potential progression stopping issue after finishing the Valravn boss fight.
- Fixed potential issue in Beast cave where Senua’s torch would not be visible.
- Fixed a potential issue where a brazier in the Fenrir Cave is missing.
- Fixed a potential issue where lighting would disappear after completing Surtr.
- Fixed a potential issue where some symbols in the Valravn section are not illuminated.
- Fixed Senua occasionally missing her sword.
- Fixed miscellaneous audio issues.
- Fixed minor graphical issues.
PS4 Only Fixes
- Fixed V-Sync functionality.
PC Only Fixes
- Added mouse sensitivity to the options menu.
- Added Dualshock 4 controller support.
- Fixed a potential issue where the game would stay on a black screen for PCs with an AMD CPU.
- Changed the default keys for left and right target switching when playing on mouse and keyboard to ‘Z’ and ‘C’.
- Support for AMD VSR and Nvidia DSR.
Hellblade Senua Cosplay Guide
We’ve had a lot of people asking us for more information on Senua’s costume from Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice, and so in response we made a cosplay guide. It includes the full Senua model front and back, as well as various accessory details such as her sword and her mirror. Please share your cosplay pictures with us on our social channels!