Technical Animator (Junior, Mid or Senior)
Ninja Theory are looking for a Technical Animator to support and enhance our animation processes. This role acts as the link between the animation artistic vision and code by successful implementation of assets into the game engine through animation systems and graphs.
Develop, test and maintain complex animation systems/character state machines working closely with our animation and programming teams to achieve seamless animation integration into engine.
- Create and implement animation systems/character state machines.
- Analyse, troubleshoot and solve animation related technical challenges.
- Take an active part in discussions, offering advice and suggestions for improving the animation pipeline of the studio.
- Implementation of IK systems and procedural animation solutions.
- Assist and support animators on effectively implementing animation into the game engine
- Share knowledge and technical developments with the wider animation team and studio
- Research and pioneer game animation technologies
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Good working knowledge of modern game engines
- Strong practical understanding of animation logic: node graphs, animation trees and similar engine editors and technologies
- Demonstrable understanding of technical animation solutions – likely to be gained from at least two years relevant experience
- Programming knowledge in any language, ideally python or C++
- Good communication skills – able to collaborate with a wide a variety of disciplines across the studio
- Ability to work flexibly and adapt to change
- A demonstrable passion for advancing game animation technologies
- Able to solve complex problems using innovative approaches
- Passion and ability to work as a positive, collaborative, enthusiastic, ambitious and contributing team member with a real desire to be part of the team. The continued harmony of team work is paramount at Ninja Theory.
- Mel and Python scripting experience
- Custom tools development
- Familiar with Vector and Matrix math
- Experience in UE4
Does this sound like you? If so, we can offer you a fun, hard-working and supportive environment in which you can quickly contribute. Alongside this there’s the opportunity for career development, a competitive salary and a whole heap of benefits!
To apply, please send us your CV and application form [docx|pdf] along with a covering letter telling us why you would make a fantastic Technical Animator to email@example.com. Please quote reference NT/TA/JAN19 in the subject bar. We aim to get back to you with feedback as soon as possible after we have received your application.
Please also include some work examples through in-game footage of your systems/process, and examples of your backend work.