Engine Programmer (C++) (Junior, Mid or Senior)
Ninja Theory is on the lookout for an engine programmer to help us push the boundaries of game engine technology and make our games even better. You’ll have the unique chance to work on existing, and invent brand new, cutting edge technology on platforms from PC to Xbox One and future consoles as they appear; all the time working closely with our world-class content creators to meet and exceed their goals. So, whether you have a background in game development or you have relevant transferable skills from outside the industry, we want to hear from you!
• Research, pioneer, and implement solutions to content creators’ problems in Unreal Engine 4
• Make small modifications to the engine when necessary, while maintaining the ability to merge in future engine versions
• Share knowledge with team members and the wider studio
• Work to deadlines in a collaborative environment
• Maintain flexible working practices, showing the ability and willingness to adapt to various programming tasks and working with different disciplines across the studio, according to the needs of the project
What we’re looking for:
• Professional programming experience in a similar or related role, and a strong understanding of tradition engine systems – if you’re applying for mid-level and above.
• Education, or equivalent knowledge, to at least degree level in any relevant subject
• A good working knowledge of C++
• Able to collaborate with a wide range of disciplines
And we’d love to see (though it’s not essential):
• Experience with Unreal Engine 4
• Profiling and optimisation skills
• Ability to work well within large existing codebases
• Experience in audio programming or 3rd party integrations
• An interest in, or enthusiasm for, machine learning
• Experience in concurrent systems, such as multi-threading or networking
Interested? This is a great opportunity to join a passionate, dedicated team working on some of the best original concepts and existing IPs in the world. If you think you meet these criteria and would like to become part of the Ninja Theory team, please fill out our short application form, which can be found on our website [docx|pdf], as well as sending us your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We’ll aim to get back to you with feedback as soon as possible after receiving your application. Please quote reference NT/EP/SEPT18 in the subject bar.